Wind Turbine Maintenance Technician
- Chatham-Kent (Ontario) Canada
- Offer number : Blx1824 (2nd posting)
- Offer date : 8 May 2019
- Start date : As soon as possible
- Technical degree or diploma in wind turbine maintenance or industrial maintenance or electrical engineering;
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience;
- Good knowledge of the electrical energy environment and hydraulic engineering;
- Good physical condition, without fear of heights and/or confined space, and precision skills;
- Demonstrate a good sense of innovation and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent capacity for thorough analysis;
- Good organizational skills and autonomy;
- Good collaboration and communication skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software.
The candidate must be available and willing to travel occasionally, and participate in regular on-call rotation for evenings, weekends and holidays.
Reporting to the site supervisor, the candidate will be responsible for the monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting of the wind turbines:
- Perform regular and unscheduled preventive maintenance of wind turbines;
- In the event of a breakdown, promptly respond and quickly provide a solution (If required to climb wind turbines, he/she must not respond alone for safety reasons);
- Monitor performance of wind turbines;
- Perform diagnosis and repairs on wind turbines;
- Be proactive in regards to wind turbine maintenance to prevent equipment failure or degradation;
- Perform related duties as required;
- Perform BOP maintenance and overseeing the wind farm maintenance.
At Boralex we offer
- Participate in the growth of a company that is actively involved in the energy transition;
- A dynamic team and work environment;
- Great challenges.