Wind Turbine Maintenance Technician
- Chatham-Kent (Ontario) Canada
- Offer number : Blx2146
- Offer date : 27 July 2021
- Start date : As soon as possible
You are recognized for your sense of initiative, your efficiency and your experience and you have the desire to work in a company strong with its human values and its role as a Quebec pioneer in the field of renewable energies.
- Technical degree or diploma in wind turbine maintenance or industrial maintenance or electrical engineering;
- Good knowledge of the electrical energy environment and hydraulic engineering;
- Good physical condition, without fear of heights and/or confined space, and precision skills;
- Demonstrate a good sense of innovation and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent capacity for thorough analysis;
- Good organizational skills and autonomy;
- Good collaboration and communication skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software.
The candidate must be available and willing to travel occasionally and participate in regular on-call rotation for evenings, weekends and holidays. This is a 12 month contract.
Reporting to the site supervisor, the candidate will be responsible for the monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting of the wind turbines and windfarm balance of plant:
- Perform regular and unscheduled preventive maintenance of wind turbines;
- In the event of a breakdown, promptly respond and quickly provide a solution;
- Monitor performance of wind turbines;
- Perform diagnosis and repairs on wind turbines;
- Be proactive in regard to wind turbine maintenance to prevent equipment failure or degradation;
- Perform related duties as required;
- Perform Balance of Plant monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance – substations, roads, collector lines, warehouse, etc.
At Boralex we offer
- The chance to participate in the growth of a company that is actively involved in the energy transition;
- To had your talent to an agile work team.