Wind Turbine Blade Manager – Rotorblade
- Kingsey Falls (Quebec) Canada
- Offer number : Blx1913
- Offer date : 18 February 2019
- Start date : As soon as possible
You are recognized for your organizational skills, autonomy and versatility. You are a team player who thrives on working on several projects at once, and you would like to work for a pioneering Quebec company, with strong human values, in the renewable energy field.
- Degree in mechanical engineering or other engineering field, with a specialization in composite material;
- Six to eight years of relevant experience;
- Perfect fluency in spoken and written French and English;
- Knowledge of wind turbine blade inspections and maintenance management;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software;
- Effective cost-management skills;
- People management skills;
- Good physical condition, without fear of heights or confined spaces.
Reporting to the Director, Operations Services, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop, using our maintenance software, an optimized inspection plan for wind turbine blades;
- Monitor blade conditions at the wind farms in Canada and analyze their life span;
- Determine when a blade should be repaired and the best repair methods to use;
- Decide on the best resources to help us repair the wind turbine blades;
- Monitor technologies related to repair and inspection methods;
- Share best practices at Boralex in North America and France.
At Boralex we offer
- A growing company in the renewable energy sector;
- A dynamic team and work environment;
- Ongoing development and continuing education;
- Allowance for a membership in a sports centre of your choice;
- A retirement plan with employer contributions.