Wind Site Maintenance Technician, Mobile Team
- Offer number : Blx1952
- Offer date : 12 August 2019
- Start date : As soon as possible
You are recognized for your initiative, efficiency and work experience. You are a team player and would like to work for a pioneering Quebec company, with strong human values, in the renewable energy field.
- Attestation of collegial studies in wind turbine maintenance, or a DVS/DCS in industrial maintenance/mechanics, electricity or electromechanics or any other equivalent training;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience;
- Solid basic knowledge of the electrical, mechanical and hydraulic energy sectors;
- Good physical condition, without fear of heights or confined spaces;
- Strong sense of innovation and versatility;
- Excellent comprehensive analytical skills;
- Autonomy and good organizational skills;
- Good collaborator and communicator;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Possesses a driver’s licence and valid passport;
- Available for frequent travel;
- Available to participate in the regular on-call rotation.
Reporting to the Director, Operations Services, you will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting wind turbines by travelling for various lengths of time to the different Boralex production sites in Canada. Your responsibilities will be the following:
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on wind turbines by assisting and supporting the on-site teams;
- In cases of equipment malfunction, respond quickly and provide a solution with your team;
- Monitor the wind turbines’ performance indicators to detect any anomalies;
- Ensure the transfer of knowledge relating to complex repair techniques;
- Know how to recognize and resolve basic electrical and mechanical problems;
- Reduce the probability of equipment failure or degradation;
- Perform maintenance on all electrical and mechanical balance of plants (BoP) and oversee the wind farm’s maintenance;
- Participate actively in your training plan;
- Perform all other related duties.
At Boralex we offer
- The chance to be part of a growing company in the renewable energy sector;
- A dynamic team and work environment;
- Ongoing development and continuing education;
- A retirement plan with employer contributions;
- Benefits that allow you to save time and live out your passion;
- A flexible group insurance plan to meet all your needs.
If you recognize yourself in this career opportunity, please send your resume at : email@example.com. And if you would like to know more, visit our pages Web, Facebook et LinkedIn.