Solar Operations Manager
- United States
- Offer number : Blx2129
- Offer date : 21 June 2021
- Start date : August 2021
You are recognized for your initiative, efficiency, and knowledge of renewable energy production. You are passionate about your work and you thrive on working in a dynamic and multi-disciplinary workplace. You have an interest in putting your leadership skills forward to manage production sites in operation. You would like to join a dedicated and pioneering team of experienced professionals in the renewable energy field.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or any other relevant degree;
- Experience in solar production site, wind site experience is an asset;
- Seven to 10 years of relevant experience;
- Maintenance management and operational performance improvement, employee development and supervision is an asset;
- Understanding of the operating rules and regulation surrounding energy production assets (ex: FERC, NERC, ISO’s,);
- Flexible to travel between sites to support teams when required, strong leadership, communication, and teamwork skills;
- Negotiation skills, business skills;
- Dynamism, autonomy, and a sense of initiative;
- Rigorous and show flexibility and availability;
- Bilingualism (English and French) would be an asset;
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office.
Mobility is required for this position as you will have to travel to sites regularly (up to 50% of the time).
Reporting to the Regional Director Hydro, Wind and Solar Operations, you will be responsible for managing our solar operational assets and support our global initiatives in the US Western and Southern regions. In your role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the Centaurus Project solar sites (Five Point, Kettleman, Westland, Lancaster and Frontier CA, AL Solar AL, IMS IN) in collaboration with the asset management provider in place.
- Participate in the budget process and manage the daily task for its enforcement;
- Ensure the sustainability and profitability of the sites;
- Be an important player in the implementation of Boralex’s business strategy;
- Demonstrate strong leadership in health and safety by maintaining a safe and healthy workplace;
- Be an ambassador to support Boralex growth in the US;
- Implement and maintain good management practices for operations, maintenance and all other administrative aspects of the sites managed;
- Play an active role in communication between the sites and head office;
- Ensure compliance with site commitments: operating permits, owner agreement, contractor contracts, etc;
- Maintain and improve community relationships with community stakeholders.
At Boralex we offer
- The chance to be part of a growing company in the renewable energy sector;
- A dynamic team and work environment;
- Ongoing development and continuing education;
- A membership allowance for a sports complex of your choice;
- A retirement plan with employer contributions;
- The chance to live out your passion.