Senior Project Engineer, Electrical
- Kingsey Falls (Quebec) Canada
- Offer number : Blx2134
- Offer date : 12 July 2021
- Start date : As soon as possible
You are known for your autonomy, extensive analytical skills and ability to manage priorities. Working on several projects stimulates you; you are a team player and are looking to work for a company with strong human values that’s also a Quebec leader in renewable energy.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering and member in good standing of the OIQ;
- Over eight (8) years of relevant experience;
- Proficiency with electrical plans (single-line, three-line, DC schematics, instrumentation, protection logic);
- Team player and good interpersonal communication skills;
- Fluency in English and French (written and spoken);
- Strong project management and stress management skills;
- Creative and persuasive;
- Available for occasional travel to Canada and the United States.
- Experience with power flow calculations (Easy Power or other software);
- Experience with programming Schneider automations (Unity Pro software);
- Experience with Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) protection and automation products;
- Management training or experience.
Under the supervision of the Director, Project Control and Engineering, your role and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Ensure and support the electrical design of renewable energy and storage projects, including the management of external consultants (cost, quality and time);
- Carry out electrical engineering in accordance with Boralex’s standards throughout the project;
- Support projects’ connection process;
- Advise and educate Project Managers on the technical specifics of electrical work (collector system, connection line, etc.);
- Participate in the development of a project’s budget for the electrical work portion (cost, time and risks);
- Conduct and manage tenders (substation, major electrical equipment purchase);
- Propose strategic solutions and participate in the procurement decision-making process (specifications, contract type and tenders);
- Technically support the Project team during commercial negotiations;
- Support the Construction team on technical issues and participate in work site monitoring;
- Technically support the operation of the work sites;
- Participate in the due diligence review of certain projects;
- Comply with, update and optimize Boralex’s technical standards;
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the department, and ensure market and technology monitoring.
At Boralex we offer
- Contribute to the transition to renewable energies;
- Work in a stimulating work environment with challenges and the resources to overcome them;
- Receive a competitive salary plus profit sharing;
- Plan your life beyond your career thanks to a pension plan to which Boralex contributes;
- Benefit from a group insurance plan and an advantageous share purchase plan;
- Benefit from a host of other facilitating conditions, including an annual amount to achieve your passions.