Senior Analyst, M&A
- Montréal (Quebec) Canada
- Offer number : Blx2133
- Offer date : 21 June 2021
- Start date : As soon as possible
You are known for your attention to detail, initiative, autonomy and good judgment; you are a team player and want to work for a company with strong human values that’s a Quebec pioneer in renewable energy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, with a specialization in finance, or any other relevant training;
- CPA or CFA designation (an asset);
- At least 4 to 6 years of relevant experience in investment project evaluation and financial modelling;
- Leadership, thoroughness, organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Keen interest and skills in working in a team environment and interpersonal communication;
- Sound financial judgment, and keen accounting and analytical skills;
- Fluency in English and French (written and spoken);
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel;
- Proficiency with financial software: Bloomberg, Reuters, etc. (an asset);
- Knowledge of the energy market (an asset);
- The position is based in Montreal and may require occasional travel.
Under the supervision of the Director, Investments, the candidate’s primary duties will be as follows:
As part of the major acquisition and equity sale activities:
- Research potential targets and partners, as well as various markets;
- Develop detailed financial analyses and valuation models;
- Identify risks and optimization opportunities;
- Prepare high-quality presentations for the Company’s Investment and Development Committee;
- Actively participate in approved transactions and coordinate stakeholders through due diligence processes.
Investment file review:
As part of the review process of investment opportunities proposed by development groups and to be presented to the various committees (IDC/IRMC/BOD):
- Review the presentations’ financial elements;
- Validate assumptions and ensure all risks identified have been taken into account in the financial analyses;
- Review key documents and agreements related to opportunities;
- Validate the presentations’ content by ensuring that key elements are appropriately emphasized;
- Participate in the Investment and Development Committee to answer financial and risk-related questions;
- Any other relevant tasks.
At Boralex we offer
- Contribute to the growth of a company that’s actively involved in energy transition;
- Add your talent to an agile and ambitious work team;
- Expand your knowledge through continuous learning;
- Plan your life beyond your career thanks to a pension plan to which Boralex contributes;
- Enjoy the flexibility of a group insurance plan that takes your personal needs into account.