Project Manager, Environment and Community Relations
- South Glens Falls, New York United States
- Offer number : 1946
- Offer date : 9 July 2019
- Start date : As soon as possible
You are recognized for your initiative, efficiency and working knowledge of environmental regulations. You are someone who is passionate about the environment and thrives on working on several projects at once, and you would like to work for a pioneering Quebec company, with strong human values, in the renewable energy field.
- Master’s degree in environmental studies, an asset;
- Bachelor’s degree in science, environmental studies or other relevant field;
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in the environmental field;
- Knowledge of SEQR and article 10;
- Experience in major project development, an asset;
- Knowledge of French, an asset;
- Autonomy, initiative and organizational skills;
- Leadership, strong communication, negotiation and teamwork skills.
Reporting to the Director, Services and Procurement, you will be responsible for the environmental processes of renewable energy projects. In addition to the impact assessment process, you will be responsible for applying for permits from departments and municipalities and be called upon to carry out environmental monitoring during construction. You will also be responsible for the public consultation process to achieve the project’s social acceptability. You are someone who stands out for your interpersonal skills and ability to adapt. As part of Boralex’s renewable energy project development activities, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Handle the process for obtaining authorizations and permits (including managing the consultants responsible for environmental assessments);
- Coordinate environmental aspects and regulatory affairs in the development of projects;
- Prepare and hold public consultation sessions;
- Develop internal strategies for regulatory affairs and social acceptability;
- Meet with regulatory authorities and stakeholders from our projects’ host communities;
- Take part in pan-Canadian and North American regulatory monitoring and assess possible impacts;
- See to draft design regulatory compliance reviews (municipal, provincial, federal, etc.).
At Boralex we offer
- The chance to be part of growing company in the renewable energy sector;
- A dynamic team and work environment;
- Ongoing development and continuing education;
- An allowance for a membership at a sports complex of your choice;
- A retirement plan with employer contributions;
- The chance to live out your passion.