Manager, Offtake Origination
- New York City United States
- Offer number : Blx1961
- Offer date : 23 September 2019
- Start date : As soon as possible
You are passionate about originating new power offtake opportunities for renewable energy projects in the U.S. You enjoy a challenge, possess in-depth knowledge of the energy market in New York state, and, above all, would like to work as part of a dynamic team for a rapidly expanding company.
- University education in a relevant discipline (engineering, economics, finance, legal or other);
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in similar roles;
- Strong proficiency in English (spoken and written);
- Good command of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.);
- In-depth knowledge of the development of the renewable energy initiative and the energy market in New York state;
- Self-sufficient and attentive to detail;
- Available to travel occasionally in the north-eastern U.S. and Canada (Toronto and Montréal);
- Able to work under pressure and to manage a number of files simultaneously with short deadlines;
- Able to work as part of a team and establish good relationships using tact and diplomacy;
- Persuasive, with highly developed analytical and summarizing skills;
- Meticulous, versatile, creative and resourceful;
- Concerned with confidentiality and corporate image, and a keen interest in current events and the public and political spheres.
Reporting to the General Manager, Commercial Execution, your role and responsibilities as Manager, Offtake Origination, in New York will be as follows:
- Be responsible to originating new power, energy and ancillary service offtake opportunities for Boralex’s solar, wind, storage, and hydro assets;
- Develop new and existing customer relationships while also tracking energy market trends to assist with overall company strategy;
- Build and maintain solid relationships based on trust with the various business partners in the industry in order to advocate Boralex’s plans to them;
- Collaborate closely with the development team for the purpose of assisting them in renewable energy initiatives and the search for business opportunities in New York;
- Identify and pursue commercial and industrial customers to help them achieve their energy goals;
- Leading offtake negotiations and closings.
At Boralex we offer
- The chance to be part of growing company in the renewable energy sector, in short, a chance to change the world;
- The opportunity to contribute to a dynamic, rapidly expanding team;
- A competitive salary and benefits package;
- Ongoing development and continuing education;
- An allowance for a membership at a sports complex of your choice;
- A retirement plan with employer contributions;
- A flexible group insurance plan to meet all your needs.