Manager, Government Relations, U.S.
- South Glens Falls, New York United States
- Offer number : 1944
- Offer date : 9 July 2019
- Start date : As soon as possible
You are passionate about U.S. government relations. You like a challenge, you possess in-depth knowledge of the energy market in New York state, but, above all, you want to work as part of a dynamic team for a rapidly expanding company.
- University education in a relevant discipline (political science, economics, public relations, communications or other);
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in similar roles;
- In-depth knowledge of how political institutions (municipal, regional and state) operate in New York;
- Excellent knowledge of the rules governing the lobbying profession in the U.S.;
- Strong proficiency in English (spoken and written);
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.);
- Familiar with the development of the renewable energy initiative and the energy market in New York state;
- Self-sufficient and attentive to detail;
- Available to travel regularly in the north-eastern U.S. and Canada (Toronto and Montréal);
- Able to work under pressure and to manage a number of files simultaneously with very short deadlines;
- Able to work as part of a team and establish good relationships using tact and diplomacy;
- Persuasive, with highly developed analytical and summarizing skills;
- Meticulous, versatile, creative and resourceful;
- Concerned with confidentiality and corporate image, and a keen interest in current events and the public and political spheres.
Reporting to the Director, Public Affairs and Communications, your role and responsibilities as Manager, Government Relations, in New York state will be as follows:
- Represent Boralex in dealing with the U.S. federal government, state and municipal officials in New York state;
- Establish and implement a government relations strategy focused on Boralex’s strategic orientations in the NY market;
- Build and maintain solid relationships based on trust with the various political stakeholders in order to advocate Boralex’s plans to them;
- Collaborate closely with the Development team for the purpose of assisting them in renewable energy initiatives and the search for business opportunities in NY state;
- Collaborate with the Operations team to assist them in managing issues related to our electricity production activities of our already operational assets in the state;
- Keep constant track of policy statements, proposed legislation and regulations, and other government policies that could impact Boralex’s development and operations in New York state;
- Represent Boralex within business associations and the renewable energy sector by participating, for example, in working groups to ensure awareness of current topics of interest and challenges within the industry, keep track of regulatory aspects, and reinforce the sector’s influence with government;
- Actively participate in public consultations on strategic matters relating to the company.
At Boralex we offer
- The chance to be part of growing company in the renewable energy sector, in short, a chance to change the world;
- The opportunity to contribute to a dynamic, rapidly expanding team;
- A competitive salary;
- Ongoing development and continuing education;
- An allowance for a membership at a sports complex of your choice;
- A retirement plan with employer contributions;
- A flexible group insurance plan to meet all your needs.