- Niagara (Ontario) Canada
- Offer number : Blx2036
- Offer date : 14 September 2020
- Start date : As soon as possible
- Prior renewable energy project development and real estate knowledge an asset; – Minimum 10 years experience;
- Have a strong understanding of the development process of a utility scale solar or wind farm – from inception (identifying suitable sites) to operation (site management during Operation. Have a general knowledge of how these renewable energy technologies work including storage.
- Research and gain a clear understanding of local zoning and environmental laws. Also having knowledge of the local solar generation programs and implementation policies in the respective jurisdiction of work is an asset;
- Data and files management – Strong organization skills for example, keeping a database concurrent through frequent updates of any project develop progress;
- Strong user knowledge of Google Earth; being able to support the development team with site identification and parcel location and general site characteristics;
- Ability to interpret and present the terms and conditions contained within an Option to Lease, Land Lease and Option to Purchase agreements;
- Ability to travel for extended periods independently, permitted entry between Canada/USA;
- Have a positive outgoing personality and comfortable with meeting and engaging new people, maintaining a professional attitude during all engagements;
- Demonstration of success;
- Must be a team player but also be self motivated and work independently.
Boralex is creating a permanent position into their Development Team in Milton due to the growth of the opportunities in the renewable energies North American markets.
Following the success in our real estate acquisition, adding to our efforts with additional human resources will allow Boralex to continue developing a growing pipeline of projects.
The new hires will be responsible for acquiring real estate for the purposes of our greenfield activities.
- Identify and manage overall land and contract dependencies and ensure these projects and plant deliverable elements stay on-time and on-budget;
- Create strong and open relationships with various landowners and act as a point of contact for any inquiries and/or concerns;
- Development and Optimization of Option and Lease Contracts;
- Negotiate and Manage the acquisition of new lands for the purposes of project development;
- Responsible for all real estate matter;
- Ensure the timely and accurate payment of options and lease amounts to various landowners, as well as providing other notifications and contractual requirements;
- Working with Directors and Head of Projects on implementation for Green Field Development Efforts.
At Boralex we offer
- Participate in the growth of a company that is actively involved in the energy transition;
- Add your talent to an agile work team;
- To plan your old days with a pension plan that Boralex enhances;
- Give you the opportunity to work remotely;
- To offer you to gain some time in your personal life.