Financial Information Specialist
- Corporate Accounting
- Montréal (Quebec) Canada
- Offer number : Blx2124
- Offer date : 23 June 2021
- Start date : As soon as possible
You are known for your extensive analytical skills, ability to synthesize information, writing skills, agility and leadership, and you are looking to work for a company with strong human values that’s also a Quebec leader in renewable energy.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA) designation;
- At least 8 to 10 years of relevant experience, including within a public company;
- Knowledge of IFRS standards;
- Ability to analyze, explain complex issues and summarize information in writing;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Oral and written bilingualism (English and French);
- Thoroughness, autonomy, attention to detail, flexibility and creativity;
- Proficiency with the Longview consolidation software (an asset).
Reporting to the Assistant Corporate Controller, you will help prepare the Company’s public documents with the financial analyst team, with a key role in writing and developing the management report. You will leverage your analytical skills, thoroughness, writing skills and ideas to optimize our external financial reporting processes.
Your role and main responsibilities will include the following:
- Help prepare and conduct the underlying analysis required in the Company’s interim and annual reporting process, including:
- Preparing the management report and complete related analyses;
- Validating the financial review explaining the major changes to external analysts;
- Helping prepare the press release.
- Help prepare notes to the quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements;
- Validate the financial review explaining major changes to the Audit Committee and Board of Directors;
- Work with the team on complex accounting issues as part of the quarterly disclosure process;
- Produce the CEO and CFO report’s financial sections;
- Work with other internal teams to obtain and collate the financial information required for external publications, including to support the Senior Director, Investor Relations;
- Contribute to various initiatives to improve the external information preparation and disclosure process and provide recommendations;
- Help develop various analyses for the management team.
At Boralex we offer
- Contribute to the growth of a company that’s actively involved in energy transition;
- Add your talent to an agile and collaborative work team;
- Expand your knowledge through continuous learning;
- Enjoy a flexible schedule and the freedom of working from home;
- Avoid traffic jams thanks to an annual public transit allowance;
- Keep fit with a membership allowance at a sports centre of your choice;
- Plan your life beyond your career thanks to a pension plan to which Boralex contributes;
- Benefit from a group insurance plan that takes your personal needs into account.