Director, Operational and Financial Accounting
- General Accounting
- Kingsey Falls (Quebec), Montréal (Quebec) Canada
- Offer number : Blx2128
- Offer date : 22 June 2021
- Start date : As soon as possible
You are known for your leadership, agility, analytical skills and focus on optimization, and you’re looking to work for a company with strong human values that’s also a Quebec leader in renewable energy.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA) designation;
- At least 15 years of relevant experience, including within a public company;
- Knowledge of IFRS standards;
- Oral and written bilingualism (English and French);
- Strong leadership skills, as well as excellent communication, mobilization and team onboarding skills;
- A dynamic, creative, analytical and disciplined individual with strong adaptability who values teamwork and optimization;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficiency with SAP and Longview software (an asset).
Reporting to the Vice-President, Accounting, you’ll be the leader responsible for the Accounting—North America team. Your leadership, organizational skills, thoroughness, creativity, and skills as a change agent and an enabler will be a great asset to optimize our regular financial reporting processes. In the growth environment in which Boralex operates, you’ll also be involved in integrating acquisitions and new operating sites.
Your role and main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes for North American companies to deliver financial information on time and in compliance with IFRS;
- Design and perform the required validation checks to ensure all financial data produced is complete and accurate;
- Coordinate the production of the North American monthly operating report’s financial component and analyze the results by explaining significant variations in collaboration with the managers;
- Support the Corporate Accounting team in preparing external financial information by helping develop various required analyses;
- Develop, identify and implement opportunities to improve accounting processes and procedures;
- Embrace, facilitate and lead change;
- Contribute to the North American quarterly budgeting and financial forecast process;
- In collaboration with the auditors and the corporate team, coordinate the North American entity’s audit process;
- Ensure the integration of acquired entities (M&A) and newly commissioned sites;
- Supervise, train and develop teams.
At Boralex we offer
- Contribute to the growth of a company that’s actively involved in renewable energy transition;
- Add your talent to an agile and collaborative work team;
- Expand your knowledge through continuous learning;
- Enjoy a flexible schedule and the freedom of working from home;
- Avoid traffic jams thanks to an annual public transit allowance;
- Keep fit with a membership allowance at a sports centre of your choice;
- Plan your life beyond your career thanks to a pension plan to which Boralex contributes;
- Enjoy the flexibility of a group insurance plan that takes your personal needs into account.