Director, Greenfield Origination
- United States
- Offer number : Blx2136
- Offer date : 6 July 2021
- Start date : As soon as possible
Are you passionate about identifying new sites for renewable energy projects in the U.S. and Canada? You enjoy a challenge, possess in-depth knowledge of the Greenfield origination process, and, above all, would like to work as part of a dynamic team for a rapidly expanding company. Charisma, drive, and openness are key attributes!
- In-depth knowledge of Greenfield renewable energy development;
- University education in a relevant discipline (engineering, environment, entrepreneurship, or other);
- Seven to 10 years’ experience in similar roles;
- Strong proficiency in English (spoken and written);
- Good command of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.);
- Self-sufficient and attentive to detail;
- Available to travel in the U.S. and Canada (Toronto and Montreal);
- Able to work under pressure and to manage a number of files simultaneously with short deadlines;
- Able to work as part of a team to establish excellent relationships using tact and diplomacy;
- Persuasive, with highly developed analytical and summarizing skills;
- Meticulous, versatile, creative and resourceful.
Reporting to the Director, Development, your role and responsibilities as Director, Greenfield Origination, will be as follows:
- Be responsible for identifying development opportunities, managing early state development projects, and executing Boralex’s Greenfield expansion plans into new markets in the US and Canada;
- Make development and commercial recommendations on where best to originate projects;
- Critiquing Real Estate and Interconnection Strategies to yield best investment opportunities;
- Lead a team of Origination Managers and dedicated team that will conduct day-to-day activities;
- Work will the broader Boralex team with on-site identification, commercial viability and host community consultation strategies;
- Build and maintain solid relationships based on trust with project stakeholders;
- Interested in State/Provincial and Federal Policy and can understand how policy influences investment opportunities.
At Boralex we offer
- The opportunity to be instrumental in Boralex’s Greenfield growth in the United States;
- A dynamic team and work environment;
- Ongoing development and continuing education;
- An allowance for a membership in a sports complex of your choice;
- A retirement plan with employer contributions;
- The opportunity to work at home occasionally.