Development and Land Coordinator
- United States
- Offer number : Blx1908
- Offer date : 8 February 2019
- Start date : As soon as possible
- Prior renewable energy project development and real estate knowledge an asset; – Minimum 3 years experience;
- Have a strong understanding of the development process of a utility scale solar or wind farm – from inception (identifying suitable sites) to operation (site management during Operation. Have a general knowledge of how these renewable energy technologies work including storage;
- Research and gain a clear understanding of local zoning and environmental laws. Also having knowledge of the local solar generation programs and implementation policies in the respective jurisdiction of work is an asset;
- Data and files management – Strong organization skills for example, keeping a database concurrent through frequent updates of any project develop progress;
- Strong user knowledge of Google Earth; being able to support the development team with site identification and parcel location and general site characteristics;
- Ability to interpret and present the terms and conditions contained within an Option to Lease, Land Lease and Option to Purchase agreements;
- Ability to travel for extended periods independently, permitted entry between Canada/USA;
- Have a positive outgoing personality and comfortable with meeting and engaging new people, maintaining a professional attitude during all engagements;
- Demonstration of success;
- Must be a team player but also be self motivated and work independently.
Boralex is expanding their Development Team in New York as the state has a strong mandate to increase their amount of non-emitting generation supply.
Following the success in our real estate acquisition, adding to our efforts with additional human resources will allow Boralex to continue developing a growing pipe line of projects.
The new hire will be responsible for acquiring real estate for the purposes of US greenfield activities.
- Identify and manage overall land and contract dependencies and ensure these projects and plant deliverable elements stay on-time and on-budget;
- Create strong and open relationships with various landowners and act as a point of contact for any inquiries and/or concerns;
- Development and Optimization of Option and Lease Contracts;
- Negotiate and Manage the acquisition of new lands for the purposes of project development;
- Responsible for all real estate matter;
- Ensure the timely and accurate payment of options and lease amounts to various landowners, as well as providing other notifications and contractual requirements;
- Working with Directors and Head of Projects on implementation for Green Field Development Efforts.
At Boralex we offer
- Participate in the growth of a company that is actively involved in the energy transition;
- Add your talent to an agile work team;
- To plan your old days with a pension plan that Boralex enhances;
- Give you the flexibility of a group insurance plan that takes into account your personal needs.