- New York State United States
- Offer number : Blx2009
- Offer date : 16 November 2020
- Start date : As soon as possible
You are recognized for your rigour, collaboration and your prioritization skills. You like the civil engineering and construction project estimation. You thrive on working on several projects at once, and you would like to work for a pioneering Quebec company, with strong human values, in the renewable energy field.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering;
- More than 5 years of relevant experience in civil engineering;
- Experience in construction project estimation;
- Experience in major project development, an asset;
- Knowledge of French, an asset;
- Extensive analysis capacities, decision-making ability, prioritization and organizational skills;
- Diligence, summarizing skills, group influence and teamwork skills;
- This position may include occasional travel in North America.
Reporting to the Director, Design and Engineering, you will be responsible for the civil design and engineering of renewable energy projects. You are someone who stands out for your analysis skills and ability to collaborate. As part of Boralex’s renewable energy project development activities, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Advise and teach project heads on the technical specifications of civil engineering works;
- Carry out civil engineering activities in accordance with Boralex standards throughout the project;
- Participate in developing project budgets (cost estimates) related to the civil engineering and works portion (costs, deadlines, types of contracts and risk);
- Participate in conducting a due diligence review of certain projects;
- Define the technical specifications of procurement and civil engineering works;
- Create estimation project tools and establish an estimation standardized process;
- Propose strategic solutions, participate in the procurement decision-making process (types of contracts and requests for proposals) and provide technical assistance during business negotiations;
- Recommend and coordinate service provider assignments by controlling costs, quality and deadlines;
- Work with the various services and external providers to ensure that activities align with business objectives;
- Assist the construction team with technical issues and participate in site monitoring.
At Boralex we offer
- The chance to be part of growing company in the renewable energy sector;
- A dynamic team and work environment;
- Ongoing development and continuing education;
- An allowance for a membership at a sports complex of your choice;
- A retirement plan with employer contributions;
- The opportunity to work at home occasionally.